If you like to stay on top of the book world, get latest releases and want to support some talented people, whose specialty is crafting bookish goodies, book box subscriptions are the thing for you!
They became more and more popular within the last year, and new subscriptions are popping up every month. You can subscribe to receive pretty much any genre related items with your books, such as tote bags, bookmarks, jewellery, candles, accessories and even teas, coffees and snacks. The list is long.
The most popular genre, and my personal favourite, is Young Adult: contemporary, fantasy and sci-fi. I live in UK so this is a list of my favourites, plus a few of the most popular US book boxes, but if you cannot afford the international shipping make sure you look for some in your country. I’m positive you’ll find a few and if you don’t, make one and start selling it, apparently this is a fast growing business!
The Willoughby Book Club
- A monthly subscription box, perfect for a gift.
- Includes only books, beautifully wrapped with a personalised message to the recipient.
- Personalised book content, based on a short survey, however the boxes are NOT new releases.
- Prices vary from £30 to £45 depending on the subscription, and there are plenty to choose from for all tastes and ages.
- A monthly box, which allocates books based on a survey you fill in when subscribing, so you get exactly what you want!
- Two types of boxes available: Taster Box for the undecided ones who just want a taste (£12 each) and Bookfulness Box with all the goodies and a recently released book (£24 per box).
- Goodies include chocolate, snacks, coffee, tea, jewellery and did I mention chocolate?
Still undecided? There is plenty of videos on Youtube where Booktubers open Book Boxes, discuss the content and even compare different subscriptions. Very often you can find some discount codes under their videos, so make sure you have a look before you order.